15.10.01

Ok..Like, I'm busy! I didn't think that I would be so stuck within the institution. Work has kept me away from my normal life of video games, guitar, wandering aimlessly (that was something easy to let go), guitar, wandering aimfully (for lack of a better word...you get my point!), guitar, minimal homework, and posting stuff here. Now all I do is play video games, guitar, wander aimfully (there has to be a point to everything I do now), guitar, and even less homework than usual (and I was just getting into a groove...). So these posts have become pretty low on my scale of things I have to do. Sucks. I really enjoyed the point when I was slaving at the computer everyday, keeping you all updated, everyday... No, I really do enjoy it, besides, I know that I'm the only one that reads it anyway since my insights are sooo exciting.~~~
Now the important stuff. New insight!! (Sorry my realization of them sucking isn't going to stop me now!!) Comic books. Compare and contrast: Spiderman and X-Men...Just kidding...they both are awesome but that's not the point at hand...I don't think. Now the conversation came up in my dorm room about how not all comic books are the nerdy or dorky thing to read. I never thought that they were that bad but I never defended anyone (including myself, sadly) when they were brought up as the dorky thing to read. Yes I was a dork, too...I'm over it. In fact I still am but, again, I'm over it and it's widely accepted as fact: Ed is a DORK! Ok that's out of the way...So we went over sort of the same things that I was saying in my last post about video games. There is also a different type of comic book for everyone. Now I'm not talking like Batman versus Wolverine comic books. There are a lot of comic books that have serious substance in them. Aaron, my roomate, is really big on comic books, but he reads so many different types that I probably would have never thought of as being comic books. Sure, he's got Spawn, but there is one called Ghost World (which I have now started) that seems to be a lot more realistic. And although it's in comic form, it could very wel be in short novel form, too. It's all based on preference, so I suggest that you all go out at look in a comic book store and find one that intrigues you and try to make it through it without the thought of "I'm totally becoming a nerd now" (come on, we're all adults now...mostly). So that is all for today...right now...Until then---

No comments: