4.12.03

I think that I'm at a draught again. I can't really think anymore...too many things to do. It's the most wonderful time of the year. Right? When you're in college on semesters or quarters, this is a very hectic time. If your a parent, or have family at all, they want to see you. Friends want to see you. And then, almost regardless if you really celebrate the birth of Christ or not, there is the whole gift thing. The world gets to see consumerism in it's finest hour. Winter break/ time is not really known for the actual "reason for the season." And even those that are celebrating for that reason don't take the time to really sppreciate it. It's weird for me, coz since I know that there is no real way, based on scientific fact, that Christ was born in the Winter therefore not the day we celebrate it, and it's my birthday. As a Christian, I think that it's cool to celebrate Christ's birth but what's more important is that fact of why he was here. More importantly, if we are going to celebrate Christ's birth, our giving should return to God for sending Him in the first place. No worries of what to give but ourselves and what we are as ourselves to Him. The sharing of our own gifts that God has given each of us, we should have gone out and made twice over to give back to His body - all Christians. Simple enough, I think. I shall now go back to the world as it is, and pray that someday we'll realize just what He means. Until then---

No comments: