13.11.08

i was tagged:

so, as much as these sort of things aren't my favorite things to do, i've been in a saucy mood lately... or maybe it's been boredom. here it goes:

1. i've done my own hair for about 4 years and i don't think it looks bad... i've even been asked by stylists (notice it's plural) "who does your hair?"

2. although i profess the Christian faith, i was christened/dedicated when i was very young, but i've not been baptized by a church/pastor in water by submersion. i simply don't believe it's necessary.

3. my dad was teaching me piano when i was 8. i learned enough to get by, but i hated the damn thing (i still have problems today, although i now wish i'd have learned it fully then) and naively told him, "you don't see pianos in a band!" three things from that: 1) i obviously have been chasing that dream for a long time, 2) i grew up in the 80s, like most anyone that'd be reading this... there were PLENTY of pianos/keyboards in bands!, and 3) after that, he handed me a clarinet...

4. i've broken into a girlfriends' mothers' house to get her textbooks for her, then had to walk back to school (about 7 miles) coz another friend drove his bug (not mine... mine was fine that day!) and it wouldn't start when we were rushing off coz her mom was coming home (there's more travel stuff, but it's not important... you can ask if you want to know)... we made it back to school just before the last bell - in time to find out i had been elected ASB president...

5. i voted no on 8.

my parents, and their siblings, etcetera didn't.

6. the late Don LaFontaine is my second cousin. by marriage of course.

7. i know that i talk a lot and i've begun to think that it's because i'm really insecure about myself. the more i know i know about myself, the less i know.

thank you, joy, for forcing this upon me ;P Grant and Christina are the only ones left that haven't been tagged that i know of... do it! until then---

6 comments:

-Aaron- said...

Wowza! Wasn't expecting this at all from you, sir.

Nonetheless:

1. Kirsten does her own hair as well and was *sort of* complimented by our neighbor's gay stylist son.

4. Watch you're apostrophes' placement!

5. Weird. My parents too. I was just listening to a KPFA broadcast about 8 this morn and it had lots of interesting & varied opinions including a dude who said that older generations are more homophobic than younger generations and a Catholic lady who said marriage & civil unions are different & ought to be treated differently (one difference being the idea that marriage is FOREVER!). Not sure about the validity of these, but interesting perspectives.

6. You can't be serious...

Can you?

Ed said...

4. i just decided they should go there that day... it's better than putting them before the "s" make them both contractions...

6. Absolutely! Anita Whitaker LaFontaine is my Grandfathers niece (one of many). funny enough (or maybe just to me), they live in Bel Air.

5. i actually had some really good conversations with my mom, and her younger brother (at separate times) about this, and kinda like the Catholic lady, i think the major problem that people have with it is that it's being called "Marriage" which is truly a church word for the civil union that the state would be recognizing. separation of church and state is there for a reason... so is the first amendment. but i'm sure you know this. i'm going to stop myself there... i think i'm going to post on this topic soon instead.

joyful. said...

you're welcome.

:-P

Anonymous said...

oh nooooes!

Megan said...

7. I still do talk about a mile-a-minute whenever I bump into someone from highschool... for some reason I am still insecure around those people -especially the ones I WAS friends with. I feel you -hang in there, it passes and YOU ARE LOVED BY MANY!!!

PS. Sorry this is a month late... don't keep up on my blogging to often.

Anonymous said...

Number four just totally gave me goosebumps and made me want to cry all over again. I've literally spent the last ten years trying to forget that time in my life. Of course...stupid to be here and trying to forget at the same time. =) Maybe a part of me wants to remember.