30.10.03

I guess now that both Grant and Aro have commented on the fires, it's my turn...especially since I actually do know people that had to evacuate their homes. All of the fires in San Diego have affected someone that I know... in most cases, many multiple someones. I've spent probably way too much time worrying and thinking about what's going on down there. Even though I got a call form my good friend Blake that everyone in his parents/his neighborhood is okay and got out of their homes before the fire went through, I'm still in utter shock and awe. The fire did more than comsume houses, and beautiful SD: they've consumed my mind. Nothing I do can seem to take the freaking fires off of my mind. I have dreams about them, in places that I've created with people that I don't even know...intense dreams. I wasn't sleeping too well...
I got an instant message within the past couple of nights telling me that the house that another one of my friends (who really cannot afford this to happen) house has burned down, too. NO MORE!! And the small town of Julian is in danger too...I don't know. Home doen't seem like home anymore. It's been killed; chared to death; blackened and smoldering; beautiful smells, once burned, are quite rancid. Yet, I still miss home. Some how, I think that it was snowed on me and I may have breathed some of it in.
Just pray... Until then---

No comments: