6.10.01

Oh boy, I'm excited! Well ladies and gentlemen, I've got my job! I got a call yesterday to see if I could make an interview later and I went of course. I think that they expect me to have some sort of life or something...calling to make sure I'm available. Heh, as long as they don't call on Tuesday (that evil day...grrrr). I get there and I ask for whose supposed to be interveiwing me. The staff up front ask me what department I'm applying for and after I answer, then jokingly (I think) they reply "you're hired!" I laugh at this coz they can't hire me! Only the managers and I have yet to see one. I soon do and the very informal interview is underway. The manager seems as though he wants me in the job mainly becaus I know more about the equipment I'll be selling than all of the other people that have been working in that department. I'm like "Woah!" Well the interview finishes and the manager tells me that he'll give me a call to schedule me for work. Cool, I think that I may have it! So now I wander around the store for a while with my friend, Ryan, cause it is a music store and I'm a musician. Then, I run into that manager again...He's on he phone and looks at me then say's, "They want you to work today!" Of course I can't cause I have a soccer game but again, I'm like "Woah!" I'm pretty sure that I have the job now. Can you say 'stoked!'?~~~
Now on to the soccer match. As of now I just think that be are never going to let us win a good match. We played AIU (formerly USIU, a place I grew to love...another story, another time) and they were pretty good. The only problem was, the whole game, WE were better! The first few plays, we honestly looked like a pro team! It was amazing! The best part was that it never went down from that intensity level. The first time that it could have was in the first 15 to 20 minutes, one of our guys get a red card. So we're now playing down a man and still playing the crap out of AIU. Team yellow, (referee and linesmen) was not helping us at all and this is a home game. AIU scored in the second half on a goal that should have never counted...they guy that scored was sooooo offsides. Grrrrr! Well then, we pick it up again and they get a total of I think 3 chances the remainder of the game while we kept pounding the ball in their throats. Maybe that was the problem...the ball is supposed to go in the net...hmmm... Anyway, of all the chances we had, there was a controversial ball that went in the goal but was not called in. We have it on film! Its proven that the score should have at least been 0-1 Chapman. Grrr! Team yellow SUCKS!!!~~~
Ok, the new but not too new thing in my wing of the dorms is this game called The Sims. It's amazing what Christina and I did once we started showing it to everyone that came in. We are already addicts and we've created so many more! It's pretty crazy. This game is about personalities and how well you can control them in a virtual world. It's so great! The coolest part (though this differs person to person) is designing the houses. It's so great especially if you cheat with the money and buy whatever you want. It's like being an interior decorator with no limits! That would be an awesome job! The other part to this game is hard: keeping sims alive. It's so difficult being like God. I give mad props out to Him, if it can be done... I now see basically what He's had to deal with 24/7 for milleniums. And I can barely handle 15 minutes sometimes. Man, I feel sorry for Him just for dealing with me and my free will...although my free will tells me that I have to go pee, I don't think that He has to tell me like I do for the sims. They're so helpless! Thanks to God for me not being that helpless!...Well, I'm off to get my nourishment before I go to work. Until then---

No comments: